BY-LAWS FOR ROOSTER RUN SENIOR MENS' CLUB
Article I - NAME:
The name of the golf club shall be: ROOSTER RUN SENIOR MENS' GOLF CLUB (here in after referred to as RRSMGC).
Article II - PURPOSE:
- To stimulate interest in golf at Rooster Run Golf Course by bringing together a group of golfers desirous of forming a golf organization.
- To promote and foster among the members a closer bond and fraternity for their joint and mutual benefit. To promote and conserve the best interest and true spirit of the game of golf as embodied in its ancient honorable tradition.
- To encourage conformance to the USGA Rules of Golf by creating a representative authority.
- To maintain a uniform system of handicapping as set forth in the USGA Handicapping System, and to issue USGA handicaps to the members.
- To provide an authoritative body to govern and conduct club competitions according to these By-Laws.
Article III – MEMBERSHIP:
- Membership shall consist of men golfers, 50 years or older, who have paid their dues and are in good standing.
- A prospective member shall file an application and pay non-refundable dues with application.A packet will be mailed to the prospective member, which includes the RRSMGC schedule of events, By Laws and tournament rules.If a new member does not have a current GHIN number, a GHIN number will be issued by the NCGA.Scores will be posted and a handicap index issued by the NCGA according to its rules.
- Membership in the RRSMGC is from January 1st thru December 31st.Current members must renew by October 15th.A late fee of $10 will be assessed after that date. New members in the club will not be assessed late fee.
- All weekly tournaments shall be played from the regular tees (white) unless otherwise directed.Members older than eighty (80) years of age or their age and handicap, from the white tees, total 90 or more shall have the option of playing from the forward tees (red).However, once that option has been exercised the member cannot change back during that year.
- Members must play at in least five (5) tournaments during the year and maintain a current handicap to be eligible to compete in any flight for club championship.
- All membership fees and dues shall be established by the RRSMGC’s officers from time to time in such amounts as they deem necessary to operate and maintain the RRSMGC.All monies collected shall accrue to the benefit of the membership and any charitable organization deemed appropriate by the Board.
- By a 2/3 vote of all members present, any member may be expelled for conducting himself in a manner detrimental to the RRSMGC, or for willful and persistent violation of RRSMGC rules.A member facing expulsion may attend said meeting and speak on his own behalf.
- All members must abide by these By-Laws, any amendments thereto, and all rules and regulations of the RRSMGC.
- Any member turning 90 years of age will be recognized as an honorary member, and will not have to pay his annual NCGA dues.The RRSMGC will absorb these costs in the subsequent years.These members will not continue to pay their weekly tournament dues.However, they must continue to fill out their renewal application each year.
- Electronic mailing (email or web site) can be used to notify members of RRSMGC functions instead of mailing such notices.Members without an email address will be notified by regular mail.
Article IV - OFFICERS AND COMMITTEES:
- The officers may consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Handicap Chairman, Tournament Chairman, Rules Chairman, and other assistants as the officers deem fit.
- These officers and their assistants shall constitute the Board of Directors. The assistants ONLY have a vote on the board when sitting in for the Chairman.
- The Board of Directors shall meet monthly to conduct the business of the RRSMGC, to recommend rules, regulations, or changes to the membership, and approve expenditures of funds
- To conduct the business of the RRSMGC a majority of Board members must be present.
- The members shall elect the Officers annually by ballot no later than October 15th. The term of office shall be from January 1st thru December 31st. The officers shall authorize and define the powers and duties of all chairmen.
- The President shall be ex-officio of all committees except the nominating committee.
- Shall preside at all meetings unless excused.
- Shall cast the deciding vote in the event of a tie on any question.
- Shall appoint members to fill any vacancy which might occur.
- Shall enforce all rules.
- Shall be authorized, with the Treasurer, to spend RRSMGC funds.
- Shall be in charge of RRSMGC communications to the members and review all chairman performances as needed.
- In the absence of the President, the Vice President will assume the duties of the President. If both are absent then the Board will appoint a Board member to assume the duties of the President.
- Shall serve as an aide to the President and other members of the Board.
- Shall preside at all meetings that the President is absent.
- Shall perform duties as needed.
- Shall record minutes of all Board and General Meetings.
- Shall post the minutes of all meetings within one (1) week of the meeting date on the RRSMGC web site.
- Shall maintain all correspondence with outside agencies.
- Shall keep all records of RRSMGC.
- Shall receive and deposit all monies of the RRSMGC in an authorized checking account with a designated bank.
- Shall prepare an annual line by line budget and submit to the Board for approval by January 1st.
- Shall disburse monies in accordance with the budget and with approval of the Board.
- Shall post a copy of the annual budget on the RRSMGC web site and in the RRSMGC binder.
- Shall prepare a monthly financial report for each Board meeting for the Boards approval and an annual report by January 1st.
- Shall be authorized to pay all RRSMGC debts. No payment of over two hundred dollars ($200.00) shall be made without prior approval of the Board.
- Makes entries into the NCGA computer system as needed.
- Shall receive all members’ dues, renewals and application forms.
- Reports to the NCGA, active members, and new members and confirms that the RRSMGC and NCGA are in accordance with each other.
- Along with the Handicap Chairman, keep roster current and up to date.
- Shall send out membership packet to all new members.
- Shall have charge of all tournaments.
- Shall prepare a schedule of all tournaments for the year and submit to the Board for approval.
- Shall be responsible for the results of each tournament.
- Shall be responsible for posting the results of each tournament on the web site and the maintenance of the web site.
- Shall place monthly GHIN handicap report in RRSMGC binder by first Wednesday of month.
- Shall inform all members of need to post scores at all times and police such postings.
- Shall inform a member, with Board approval, if said member is deviating from and not following club rules.
- Shall maintain roster of all members and distribute to the Board.
- Shall assist the President in communicating with members.
- Shall keep email addresses up to date.
- Shall post club news on web site and assist Tournament Chairman in maintaining site.
- Shall keep all local and USGA rules up to date and keep members informed in a case of a major rules question. A committee comprised of the President, Tournament Chairman, Rules Chairman and two designated members shall render a decision that shall be final.
Article V – ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
- The Board or designees by the President shall be the nominating committee.
- The officers nominated by the committee and RRSMGC members are listed in Article IV 1 of these By-Laws. Nominations for Officers shall be accepted between August 1st and 31st.
- The nominating committee shall post the nominees by September 15th.
- Voting shall be by ballot that will be mailed out with RRSMGC renewal application. The ballot must be returned no later than October 15th.
- Announcement of the election results will be made at the Annual Awards Banquet in November.
- The term of office shall not exceed two (2) consecutive terms in the same office unless waved by the membership.
- In the event of a resignation of an officer or by the termination of his membership, a successor shall be appointed by the President, ratified by the Board, to fill the unexpired term. Exception is a vacancy for the President. The Vice President shall finish the term of the President.
- Officers elected shall be installed in December and shall take office January 1st of the ensuing year.
Article VI – MEETING:
- These shall be determined by the Board. They should include a monthly Board meeting and a General meeting in November or December to discuss RRSMGC business.
- When a vote of the membership is required.
- When a special meeting is required, the President, or a majority of the Board of Directors, shall schedule such meeting. Members shall be notified by electronic means or mail at least two (2) weeks in advance of said meeting.
ARTICLE VII – DUES:
- Annual dues shall be determined each year by the needs of the RRSMGC and shall include NCGA dues.
- Dues shall be payable September 15th through October 15th. A renewal form shall be submitted with the dues so that information can be updated.
- Any member that has not renewed his dues by October 15th has until the last Thursday of December to pay their dues with a late fee. After that they will be placed on an inactive list for two years or until such time he renews his membership.
Article VIII - AMENDMENTS TO THE BY-LAWS:
- These By-Laws may be amended by a majority of the Board of Directors provided that the proposed amendment has been posted and members notified thirty (30) days in advance, and that there is no objection.
Article IX – DISSOLUTION:
- 1Upon dissolution of the ROOSTER RUN SENIOR MENS’ GOLF CLUB, all assets will be given to a charitable organization or a local school program at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Revised: February 9, 2016