Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

Board of Directors

November 6, 2019 – Minutes

Mary’s Pizza, East Petaluma

 

 

Board Members:       President – Steve Goldberg

                                   Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                   Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                   Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                   Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                   Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                   New members: 

Bill Johns

                                            John Stewart

                                            Jim Troup

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards--ABSENT

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by Wayne Stefenoni at 12:30 pm.

Roll Call:  Joe Edwards absent.

Minutes: Ashe moved to approve minutes as distributed, Wachter seconded, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report:  Discussion occurred.  Ashe moved to approve treasurer’s report. Stefenoni seconded. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

 

  1. Upcoming holidays: Reminder sheet will be placed on registration table that there will be no tournaments held on November 27, December 25, and January 1.

     

  2. Club championship for 2020: Ashe stated an additional week for play might be necessary.

                                                                                                                                   New Business:

  1. Update of plaques.  Discussion occurred as to whether plaques for club champions should be updated or replaced with something else.  Motion made by Larson and seconded by Stewart that we discuss with RR Club about obtaining space on a wall for a bulletin board to hold this information.  Unanimously adopted.  Lew will speak to Rob.

     

  2. Rules and Regs, and By Laws updates.  By laws to be addressed at a later date.  A draft of revised Rules and Regs prepared by Rivas was discussed in detail and at length.  Troup will prepare the next draft and circulate to Board members in a week or so.  Action should be taken at December Board meeting.

     

  3. Meeting with Rob.  Wayne reported that the meeting was very positive.  Club has given up two T times (from 20 to18), with first one now at 7:12 am.  This works for us and gives RR opportunity for revenue on two more T times.

     

  4. Seminar for new handicap system.  New rules due to go into effect 1/1/20.    The Club must  be represented, and Rivas and Ashe plan to attend.

     

 

 

 

 

All Officers:  Other business: 

  1. Larson informed group he will soon have knee surgery and will be out of action for a few months.  Plans were made to cover his Treasurer responsibilities.

  2. Troup stated he would be writing up the rules for each tournament game so that an information sheet can be placed on the registration table each week.  He will be calling on Board members for assistance.

 

Next Meeting will be December 11.

 

Meeting adjourned at 2:05 pm

 

Submitted by Jim Troup

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Board of Directors

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">November 6, 2019 – Minutes

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Mary’s Pizza, East Petaluma

 

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> 

Board Members:<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">          President – Steve Goldberg

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                      Vice President – Mike Wachter

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                      Treasurer – Lew Larson

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                      Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                      Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                      Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                      New members: 

Bill Johns

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                              John Stewart

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                              Jim Troup

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards--ABSENT

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> 

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by Wayne Stefenoni at 12:30 pm.

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Roll Call:  Joe Edwards absent.

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Minutes: Ashe moved to approve minutes as distributed, Wachter seconded, unanimous vote for approval.

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Treasurer’s Report<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">:  Discussion occurred.  Ashe moved to approve treasurer’s report. Stefenoni seconded. Unanimous vote for approval.

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> 

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Old Business:

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"> 

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">a.   <span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Upcoming holidays: Reminder sheet will be placed on registration table that there will be no tournaments held on November 27, December 25, and January 1.<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> 

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">b.   <span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Club championship for 2020: Ashe stated an additional week for play might be necessary.<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">                                                                                                                                   

New Business:

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">a.  
<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Update of plaques.  <span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Discussion occurred as to whether plaques for club champions and holes-in-one should be updated or replaced with something else.  Motion made by Larson and seconded by Stewart that we discuss with RR Club about obtaining space on a wall for a bulletin board to hold this information.  Unanimously adopted.  Lew will speak to Rob.

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> 

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">b.   <span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Rules and Regs, and By Laws updates.  By laws to be addressed at a later date.  A draft of revised Rules and Regs prepared by Rivas was discussed in detail and at length.  Troup will prepare the next draft and circulate to Board members in a week or so.  Action should be taken at December Board meeting.

 

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">c.   <span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Meeting with Rob.  <span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Wayne reported that the meeting was very positive.  Club has given up two T times (from 20 to 18), with first one now at 7:12 am.  This works for us and gives RR opportunity for revenue on two more T times.

 

<b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">d.   <span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Seminar for new handicap system.  New rules due to go into effect 1/1/20.    The Club must  be represented, and Rivas and Ashe plan to attend.

 

   
All Officers:  Other business: 

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">1.   <span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%; font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Larson informed group he will soon have knee surgery and will be out of action for a few months.  Plans were made to cover his Treasurer responsibilities.

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;mso-fareast-font-family:Arial;mso-list:Ignore">2.   <span style="font-size:14.0pt;line-height:107%; font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Troup stated he would be writing up the rules for each tournament game so that an information sheet can be placed on the registration table each week.  He will be calling on Board members for assistance.

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> 

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
Next Meeting will be December 11.

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"> 

<span style="font-size:14.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Meeting adjourned at 2:05 pm


Submitted by Jim Troup

 



Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

Minutes from member luncheon meeting

September 11, 2019

 

Meeting called to order by Vice President Wachter at 1:20 pm

 

Reminder to all members. Lift, clean and place in effect from October 1st to March 31st.

Tournament schedule for 2020 will be in the book on the table, on the website and Augie will email it to all members. No tournament day before Thanksgiving November 27th. You can play but must make your own tee times with the course.

Club Championship starts Wednesday October 2nd and continues every Wednesday till completed. $5.00 entry fee and club will be matching that to increase prize fund. We will have a flight from the Red Tees if enough sign up to play from there.

You can play the red/white combo tees as an option along with the red tees. You can change weekly but you must indicate on scorecard what tee you’re playing. Use letter “W” for white, “C” for combo and “R” for red.

Treasurer Larson discussed the amount of money the club has in the bank. Your weekly $5.00, all goes to weekly prize fund. Club also pays for members lunch meeting and tournament that day, the three week Eclectic, points payout, matching money for club championship, banquet dinner for member and NCGA dues went up and the club paid the increase. Dues will stay at $80.00. August 2017 balance was $16,775, August 2018 was $14,740 and August 2019 was $14,080.

Handicap Chairman Ashe discussed how and why he changes your posted score. Forgetting to post, not adjusting your score or addition errors on scorecard. Please check your score before posting.

Ballots for 2020 board will be mailed to all members this week. New members on the ballot are Jon Stuart, Bill Johns and Jim Troup.

RRSMC would like to thank out going board members Steve Goldberg, Joe Edwards and Mike Wachter for their many years of service as board members.

 

Meeting adjourned at 1:45

 

 

 Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

 

                                   September 4, 2019  --  Minutes

 

Board Members:       President – Steve Goldberg

                                   Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                   Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                   Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                   Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                   Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by Vice President Wachter at 12:30 pm.

Roll Call:  President Goldberg absent.

Minutes: Ashe motioned to approve minutes as distributed, Larson 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report:  Rivas motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Ashe 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

 

  1. Club Championship: Signup sheets will be on the table and also at the members luncheon. Match play starts Wednesday October 2nd.

     

  2. Walking bridge over creek on number 2: Bridge is completed. A big thank you from the walkers to those involved in the construction of the new bridge.

     

  3. Ballots for 2020 board members: Ballots will be mailed out after members meeting next Wednesday. If anyone is interested in being on the board, contact a board member.

     

  4. Renewal fees: Larson motioned and Ashe 2nd to not raise dues for the 2020 year. Unanimous vote for approval.

     

     

 

                                                                                                                                   New Business:

  1. 2020 schedule was approved. Copies will be available at the members luncheon.

  2. Wednesday November 27th, day before Thanksgiving, RRSMC tournament is cancelled. You can still play but you will need to make your own tee times with the course.

     

 

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 1:55 pm

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni

Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

 

                                  

 

    Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

                                   August 7, 2019  --  Minutes

 

Board Members:       President – Steve Goldberg

                                   Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                   Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                   Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                   Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                   Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by Secretary Stefenoni at 12:30 pm.

Roll Call:  President Goldberg and Vice President Wachter absent.

Minutes: Ashe motioned to approve minutes as distributed, Larson 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report:  Ashe motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Rivas 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

 

  1. Club Championship: Board has decided to give the Club Championship match play another try. Match play will take place the month of October, play will be on Wednesday’s for 3,4,or 5 weeks depending on amount of players. Sign up sheets will be out first of September. Regular Wednesday play will follow after match play groups go out.

  2. Walking bridge over creek on number 2: Construction should start next week on bridge.

  3. Packets with information: Treasurer Larson will be mailing out ballots, renewal notices and banquet packets to all members. You should receive them first part of September.

  4. New board members: This is your last chance to nominate someone for a board position. As of now there are three new candidates to be on the board. Jon Stuart, Bill Johns and Jim Troup.

     

     

 

                                                                                                                                   New Business:

  1. Posting scores: Handicap Chairman Ashe would like to remind all members when posting to make sure you enter your score correctly. First of all you need to post your round, if you played from the Red tees post from the Red tees, check your addition and don’t forget to adjust your score. Dave has been making lots of adjustments to your posted score. Let’s make his job easier and make sure we are posting correctly. Thanks for your help with this matter.

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 1:35 pm

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni

 June 26, 2019  --  Minutes

 

 

Board Members:       President – Steve Goldberg

                                   Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                   Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                   Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                   Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                   Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by President Goldberg at 6:30 am.

Roll Call:  Rules Chairman Edwards absent.

Minutes: Wachter motioned to approve minutes as distributed, Larson 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report:  Ashe motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Wachter 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

 

  1. Club Championship: As of Wednesday June 26th, we only had 26 players signed up. We need a minimum of 32 players to have the tournament. Please contact Augie if you haven’t signed up yet. Match play is scheduled to begin on July 10th.

     

  2. Business Lunch and Dinner banquet: Members lunch will be Wednesday September 26th at 12:50 PM at the event center. Burgers and Roasted Chicken are on the menu. The club will be paying for the lunch at a cost of $25.98 per person. The dinner banquet will be Saturday November 9th at the event center. Menu will be same as last year. Club will pay for member at a cost of $36.38 per person. Spouse or significant other will cost $25.00.

     

  3. Walking bridge over creek on number 2: We have a thumbs up from all agencies to proceed with the bridge. Steel and wood has been ordered. Construction will start when all material are on site.

     

     

 

                                                                                                                                   New Business:

  1. Membership: We have 138 members in the RRSMC.

     

  2. Maintenance workers lunch: Stefenoni motioned and Larson 2nd to give the maintenance crew at Rooster $150.00 to enjoy a lunch from our club as a thank you for the great job they do on the course.

     

  3. New board members: We have 3 volunteers to become new board members. Jon Stuart, Bill Johns and Jim Troup. Thank you gentlemen for showing an interest in being a board member.

     

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 7:00 am

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni

 Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

 

                                

 

 

                                

 

                                 Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

                                   April 24, 2019  --  Minutes

 

Board Members:       President – Steve Goldberg

                                   Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                   Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                   Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                   Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                   Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by President Goldberg at 12:30 pm.

Roll Call:  All members present.

Minutes: Wachter motioned to approve minutes as distributed, Edwards 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report:  Wachter motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Ashe 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

 

  1. Tee Blocks: Reminder, when blocks are not set on tee box, tee off from yardage marker, use closest yardage marker to appropriate blocks. If white blocks are on side of blue tee box, use blue yardage marker.

     

  2. Play ball Down: Reminder, play ball down at all times until October 1st. Thanks for the sign on hole 1 today.

     

  3. Club Championship: Match play format will begin on Wednesday July 10th for first round and continue for the next two or three Wednesday’s depending on amount of players signed up. There will be a sign on table to remind everyone. We will need a minimum of 32 players committed or there will be no match play championship.

 

 

New Business:

  1. Eclectic Tournament: Will be the next three weeks, May 1st, 8th and 15th.League will pay for all members entry for those who participate in the Eclectic. There will be our regular Wednesday tournament that will still cost all members $5.00.

     

  2. One man scramble tournament: Members have been asking about another one man scramble. Augie will schedule one later in the year. By the feedback we are getting, the board thinks everyone enjoyed playing something different.

     

  3. Pace of play: The board received a complaint about slow play. The group involved was observed today and they played in 3:56. There are a lot of walkers in the RRSMC and going from 9 to 10, they can fall a half hole or more behind. Rooster Run would like all groups to play in 4:20. Board will monitor the situation but if you are playing in 4:20 or less, the board does not consider that slow play.

     

  4. Bridge over creek on 2: Rooster management has okayed the costs of a new bridge on hole 2. Waiting on city and county approval then bridge will be rebuilt.

     

  5. Lunch meeting and dinner banquet: Treasurer Larson will be meeting with Layne from event center to finalize dates. Hopefully luncheon will be on September 25th and dinner banquet on November 9th. Will let members know when dates are confirmed.

     

  6. Board members: Any member interested in being a board member for 2020, contact one of the current board members.

 

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 1:35 pm

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni

 

 Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

 

                                   January 30, 2018  --  Minutes

 

Board Members:         President – Steve Goldberg

                                     Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                     Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                     Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                     Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                     Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by President Goldberg at 12:25 pm.

Roll Call:  All members present.

Minutes: Wachter motioned to approve minutes as distributed, Edwards 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Larson paid $4924.00 to NCGA for dues for 2019 for 126 members. Ashe motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Wachter 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

  1. New tournament: Board looking into having a Red, White, Blue tournament with special scoring. More info to follow.

  2. Tee Blocks: Reminder, when blocks are not set on tee box, tee off from yardage marker.

  3. 2019 Rules: New rules for 2019 are on RRSMC website under extras, then click on USGA rules.

New Business:

  1. Coast Guard: Ashe motioned and Edwards 2nd, if the government shuts down again, RRSMC will donate $500.00 to the local Coast Guard families. Unanimous vote for approval.

  2. New local rule. Stroke and Distance: If you hit your ball OB, you have the option of teeing it up again on the tee box hitting 3 or you can use the new local rule.

    You can take stroke and distance relief with the following option that comes with a penalty of 2 strokes. Determine where your ball went out of bounds and then you can come straight out to the edge of the fairway and drop within two club lengths of the fairway edge, but no closer to the hole. Remember if you use this option it is a TWO STROKE PENALTY and you will be hitting FOUR from the edge of the fairway. Same option applies for a lost ball.

     

 

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 1:35 pm

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni

 

 

                                 Rooster Run Senior Men’s Club

                                   January 30, 2018  --  Minutes

 

Board Members:         President – Steve Goldberg

                                     Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                     Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                     Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                     Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                     Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by President Goldberg at 12:25 pm.

Roll Call:  All members present.

Minutes: Wachter motioned to approve minutes as distributed, Edwards 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Larson paid $4924.00 to NCGA for dues for 2019 for 126 members. Ashe motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Wachter 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

  1. New tournament: Board looking into having a Red, White, Blue tournament with special scoring. More info to follow.

  2. Tee Blocks: Reminder, when blocks are not set on tee box, tee off from yardage marker.

  3. 2019 Rules: New rules for 2019 are on RRSMC website under extras, then click on USGA rules.

New Business:

  1. Coast Guard: Ashe motioned and Edwards 2nd, if the government shuts down again, RRSMC will donate $500.00 to the local Coast Guard families. Unanimous vote for approval.

  2. New local rule. Stroke and Distance: If you hit your ball OB, you have the option of teeing it up again on the tee box hitting 3 or you can use the new local rule.

    You can take stroke and distance relief with the following option that comes with a penalty of 2 strokes. Determine where your ball went out of bounds and then you can come straight out to the edge of the fairway and drop within two club lengths of the fairway edge, but no closer to the hole. Remember if you use this option it is a TWO STROKE PENALTY and you will be hitting FOUR from the edge of the fairway. Same option applies for a lost ball.

     

 

 

 

 

Meeting adjourned at 1:35 pm

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni

 

v  

 

December 5, 2018  --  Minutes

 

 

Board Members:        President – Steve Goldberg

                                      Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                      Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                      Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                      Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                      Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by President Goldberg at 12:20 pm.

Roll Call:  All members present.

Minutes: Rivas motioned to approve minutes as corrected, wrong amount for end of month financial total, Ashe 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report:  Edwards motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Wachter 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Old Business:

Tournaments: We are eliminating tournaments from the forward and red / white combo tees from the schedule. No need for those as you can now play any tee you choose to. Remember to mark down which tee you played. Stefenoni motioned to change schedule and Larson 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

Schedule: Cancelling tournament, day before Thanksgiving for 2019. Rooster will not give us our block of tee times. You will be able to make your own tee time. Ashe motioned to cancel Larson 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

Newsletter on website: Larson motioned and Ashe 2nd to cancel newsletter section on website. Information regarding club will be in monthly minutes and at top of schedule and results page.

 

 

New Business:

Posting of scores: First two times you will be reminded that you forgot to post. Third time you will be penalized per NCGA rules for not posting your score. Handicap Chairman Ashe will email copy of NCGA rules on posting to all members. There will also be a copy on the sign in table.

Ambassador: Dave Ashe will be the RRSMC ambassador to the NCGA. He will represent RRSMC with new information from the NCGA.

Rules seminar: Rules chairman Edwards attended a rules seminar put on by the NCGA. Covered new rules for 2019 and most of new rules were put in place to speed up pace of play. There is a binder on the sign in table regarding new rules.

Holiday golf: Wednesday after Christmas and New Years day we will have a tournament. However you will need to sign up the week before if you are going to play. Your name will not be automatically put on the sheet. They are busy days for Rooster and if you don’t sign up they will fill any available spots with outside golfers. Thank you

 

Meeting adjourned at 1:35 pm

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni


Rooster Run Senior Men's Club

 November 7, 2018  --  Minutes

 

 

Board Members:        President – Steve Goldberg

                                      Vice President – Mike Wachter

                                      Treasurer – Lew Larson

                                      Tournament Chairman – Augie Rivas

                                      Secretary  -  Wayne Stefenoni

                                      Handicap Chairman – Dave Ashe

                                     Rules Chairman – Joe Edwards

 

Meeting called to order:  Meeting called to order by President Goldberg at 12:35 pm.

Roll Call:  All members present.

Minutes: Larson motioned to approve minutes as distributed, Rivas 2nd, unanimous vote for approval.

Treasurer’s Report: End of month balance for September is $14,590.47. Rivas motioned to approve treasurer’s report. Wachter 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval. Our financial year runs from October 1st to September 30th.

 

Old Business:

Members meeting: Larson motioned and Rivas 2nd to have the annual members luncheon meeting for 2019 at the end of September to allow for any changes for the following year to be documented. Unanimous vote for approval. Our league year runs from November 1st to October 31st.

Rule change for Forward Tee’s: You must indicate on scorecard which tee’s you are playing every week. W – C – or R. If no tee designation your score will default to the forward tee at a minus 4 strokes. There will be no disqualification as previously noted. Rivas motioned to approve rule change Larson 2nd. Unanimous vote for approval.

Points: Points championship will be renamed Golfer of the year. We will use same format as before. Gross flight and net flight, pays top 5 in each group.

 

 

New Business:

Club Championship: Membership wanted to bring back match play format. Play will start July 10th 2019 and run for 3 consecutive weeks. There will be an additional $5.00 entry fee. We will need a minimum of 32 players committed or there will be no match play championship.

Tee Times: Rooster management has noticed we are having to many gaps at the first tee. Please be at first tee 15 minutes prior to your tee time so we do not run late and put Rooster behind schedule. If you can’t be there, let your team captain know so he can call Augie and we can fill your spot.

Budget: Rivas motioned and Wachter 2nd to approve the 2018 / 2019 proposed budget. Unanimous vote for approval.

 

Meeting adjourned at 2:10 pm

 

Submitted by Wayne Stefenoni